Monday, October 6, 2008

The Next Wayne Gretsky

When Richard was in college he played a little bit of hockey. Since Rex was born, Richard has been chomping at the bit to get his boy on the ice. Saturday was finally the day to introduce Rex to world of ice skating. Now don't get me wrong, but my kid is a natural. I couldn't believe it as I watched my two year old skating around the rink. He loved it. Two hours later, he still wanted to skate. Richard firmly believes a new hockey star has been born. I decided not to mention he might be more like Scott Hamilton on ice instead of Wayne Gretsky. Sometimes you just gotta let a proud father have his dreams.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats my family for ya!!! Everyone knows that Rex is something special!

Shelley said...

Enjoy his teeth while he still has them then! ;) Hey, you haven't called me lately! Do you need me to watch Rex anytime soon? -Lets go to the pumpkin patch with the kiddos! :)